Endangered Species Back to the Gateway

North Dakota

Endangered Species Incidental Take Permits
Private landowners, corporations, state or local governments, or other non-federal landowners who wish to conduct activities on their land that might incidentally harm (or "take") a species listed as endangered or threatened must first obtain an incidental take permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

To obtain a permit, the applicant must develop a Habitat Conservation Plan (HCP), designed to offset any harmful effects the proposed activity might have on the species. The HCP process allows development to proceed while promoting listed species conservation. The “No Surprises Policy” provides assurances to landowners participating in HCP efforts.

For assistance or to inquire about permits, contact your U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Office(s):

Endangered Species List(s)

Additional state regulations may apply. For information on state rules relating to endangered species contact the North Dakota Game and Fish Department. Also, look below under “Additional Information” for links to applicable regulations.

Additional Information for North Dakota:

 Feedback Form

If you found a broken link or a mistake of any sort, or if you would like to comment on this resource, please use this form to do so.

* Category of feedback:
Broken Link
I didn't find what I was looking for.
I have a link to add to this resource.

* Enter your comment, description of the correction, additional or broken link (please provide the correct or additional link if possible) or let us know what you were looking for that you did not find:

Your contact information
* Name:
* E-mail:

Enter the day of the week (this is to fight spamming of this form):

* Required Fields

Rate this resource. You will get to see all ratings and help us deliver quality information.
Less Useful               More Useful
1   2   3   4   5
Rate This Provide Feedback